Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Exciting author meet and greet: J.R. Ward!


Looking back at my Goodreads account, I realized I read my first J.R. Ward book back in June of 2012.  I've never looked at vampires the same since!!  If anything ever happens to Beth, I'll take Wrath! :)  I didn't dislike vampires, but I wasn't one to search out for them. I started reading Dark Lover based on a friend's Facebook post about a later book in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series.  I didn't really read the book summary, just figured if she liked the book well enough to read books later in the series, I would give it a try.  SOOOOOO glad I did.  I remember thinking to myself, VAMPIRES?! as I soon discovered that was who the characters were.  They're the sexiest vampires I know!  And so much more than that. I can't even describe just how fantastic the BDB is.  You need to read it yourself. And I've pre-ordered Blood Kiss which is coming out in December!!    Anyway, I've also read J.R.'s Fallen Angel series (book 1 here) and I've read her books that she has written under the name Jessica Bird, such as An Unforgettable Lady.   I love her writing style and she does such a great male voice.   She says she can't write female characters well, but I disagree.  I would seriously love to live in her head for a day or two! She's a hoot and a half! Her characters are awesome and (at times) funny.

All that being said, I had the opportunity to meet this wonderful lady! I was beyond excited to see her. (Ask any of my friends!) 




Our public library brought her here and I took advantage! Her talk with the moderator was interesting, funny and enlightening.  The audience was able to do Q & A with her and then it was time for the book signing! Most of the Q&A was about BDB since we haven't read her new series, The Bourbon Kings.  This series just came out on the day of this event (7/28) so of course I pre-ordered the book from Parnassus Books to have for her to sign.  I'm not normally nervous around authors or famous people, but I couldn't contain my excitement/fangirling when I met her!I hope to have the opportunity to see her again, especially after reading The Bourbon Kings. Maybe I'll think of a question re: that book instead of all of us being focused on BDB! (Not that I don't love them, I do!)




Had to capture where this moment happened!

Doing her thing, making us laugh...



Just waiting my turn!


See? Fangirling! Couldn't help it...


























Seriously cheesing!


























So this has been an exciting week for me! Best. Night. Ever.  I had been looking forward to this event since the moment I learned it was happening.  Now, I just need to make it happen again!  

**And a big thank you to my photographer, Sara, for having my back.  I almost walked away without the last picture because I was so excited to be in front of her and having her sign my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment