Friday, January 1, 2016

Lisa De Jong - Break Even

This is my first Lisa De Jong book but it won't be my last!  I was immediately pulled into this story. And Marley is a girl I could be friends with. How do I know this, you ask? She loves the movie Pitch Perfect! She even talks her man into watching with her. "Aubrey and Fat Amy get me every time. They get him too." Just like that. *snaps fingers.* instant bestie! Anyone who likes Pitch Perfect is good people :)

Marley and Cole are married lawyers running a firm together except it feels like Cole is letting Marley run it. She's lonely and misses her husband. We, the reader, can feel Marley's pain and sadness and watching her keep getting the brush off from her husband is sad.  "Tears flow down my cheeks as I realize what true loneliness feels like. It's the saddest place I've ever been, and I don't have a clue what I did to deserve the ticket that got me here."  Have I gotten your attention yet? Good! 

The way she writes makes you feel like part of their marriage. I hated Cole! He was interested in fixing things a little too late. Granted, Marley hadn't said anything to him, however, he had to notice the difference in her/their relationship. And I had this feeling he'd been having an affair on her. There's just something sneaky about him. But you'll have to read it to find out what REALLY happens. 

Hold the phone! I didn't see that coming. Whaaaaaat?! Oh my heavens. I'm SO MAD!!!!!!!! Cole sucks. For real.  I just want to drink wine and be there for Marley because. OH. MY. GOSH. I can't even. Speechless I tell you. You HAVE TO read this book.  

So I have a billion emotions going through me after reading this book. First off it's not what I expected but it's definitely so, so good!!  Now I'm left with a book hangover. As much as I hate them, I love them.  So go now and 1-click this book!




My story isn’t a love story … not the typical kind anyway. 
As a lawyer, I’m used to discovery, but I never saw this one coming. 

Every day, River gives me ten reasons to stay away, and then eleven reasons why I can't. Our relationship was to remain strictly business, or at least I tried. 

Four years of marriage, and everything with Cole has changed. I never knew two people who lived together could be so distant. But I’m not ready to give up on him. 

One man wants to break me. 
The other is just trying to get even. 

Both are lying to me. 

**This is a standalone!**

No comments:

Post a Comment