Saturday, January 2, 2016

Adriana Locke - The Perception

You ever have one of those books that grips you and won't let go? Yeah, that was The Perception for me! I loved it even more than The Exception.  I adored Max's sweetness. Oh my goodness he made me melt into a puddle of goo. "Sweetheart, you and me - we're permanent. You'll see one of these days. I'm just waiting on you to come around."

Max and Kari were secondary characters in The Exception so I was looking forward to their story. I was also thankful all books were out by the time I discovered them! Max is definitely a romantic and I knew Kari had some reason for still keeping Max at arm's length at times. This book definitely showed us their lives. The highs and lows and the crazy. And by that I mean cuckoo bananas! 

Watching their relationship was very sigh worthy. Max was in it for the long haul and he knew Kari had something holding her back and he wanted to be there for her when she was ready to tell her story. He never pushed and he cherished her. (Oh the feels!) 

Kari knew Max was it for her but she knew what heartache the past had brought her way so while she loved him, she couldn't let go of the hurt. As I was reading, I kept waiting for her story. And it comes. It was kind of like I thought it would be, but I didn't see the HOW coming. 

Remember how I mentioned cuckoo bananas? You'll see. And I'm not one who tries to figure things out as I read, I like to enjoy the ride, but sometimes you can't help BUT to figure it out. However as I was reading, I didn't know why or how much I knew so it kept me captivated and completely engaged. I didn't want to be interrupted or put the book down!  I know I'm being vague but I don't want to give it away. I do highly recommend this book. But I'm going to warn you, this book causes a book hangover!  

You don't need to have read The Exception first, but I do recommend it as all characters will make more sense and because you get a glimpse of Cade and Jada's lives in this story as well.  Go, read and enjoy!




There is no greater burden than a secret, and Kari Stanley has been carrying one alone for a long time. But fate intervenes in the form of a broken down car and the kind offer of assistance from a handsome stranger with a sweet, southern drawl. In exchange, all she has to do is go to dinner with him. Temptation was never so sweet. 

Max Quinn has secrets of his own. His good deeds aren't just a product of his southern upbringing; they're his atonement. As one dinner turns into two, he realizes that Kari just might be his salvation. 

As they struggle to find their path together, their secrets weigh heavier on them. Will they be able to trust one another with the truth, or will their secrets keep them apart forever? 

This book CAN be read as a stand-alone novel.



No comments:

Post a Comment