Sunday, January 3, 2016

Kait Jagger - Her Master's Servant

First off...  WHAT?! I did NOT see that coming. Holy cliffhanger! Guess I need to keep my eyes peeled for the last book when it comes out. I totally forgot it was a trilogy so the ending came as a surprise. Lol

This book was the 2nd in the trilogy. It continued where the first book left off. This story focused on Luna's new job, Stefan and of course her friends make various appearances throughout the story.  At times it felt a little long, but I did enjoy this book. I enjoyed the focus being more on Luna and Stefan this time, too.  I like how it's different from other books I've read.  I enjoy English words, culture and getting lost in another country via a book. And the characters are enjoyable. 

I couldn't wait to see how it ended but wow! Shocked me. And I certainly hope I don't have to wait too long for the next book. I need to know how things end for Luna and Stefan. 




Betrayed. Luna Gregory has been betrayed by both her long-time mentor and the love of her life. Reeling from the discovery that the Marchioness of Lionsbridge used her as a pawn in a plot to retain control of the 500-year-old Arborage Estate, Luna runs as far away as she can get, to remote Shetland. But though she tries to put the past behind her, she can't escape memories of the overwhelming love she shared with the heir of Lionsbridge, Stefan Lundgren. And Stefan has vowed to get her back, by any means necessary. 

Stefan ultimately reclaims what is his in a single, searing night of passion, but the wounds he and Luna have inflicted on each other run deep. As they attempt to rebuild a future together, a dark seam of power, lust and control opens up between them. Addictive as it is enthralling, Stefan’s tender abuse awakens an answering darkness in Luna. Can they stop punishing each other? Do they want to? The fate of Arborage – and of their love – hangs in the balance. 

The hotly anticipated second book in the Lord and Master trilogy.

No comments:

Post a Comment