Sunday, September 6, 2015

Jennifer Dawson- The Name of the Game

This is a new-to-me author that I received her book through NetGalley for an honest review. I love getting the opportunity to read new authors! With this one, I didn't know what to expect and I try going into any book with eyes wide open.

Apparently this is book 3 in the series and I felt a little lost in the beginning because it was obvious these characters had a history (all of them, not just the 2 this book is about). So I felt a little disjointed at the beginning but that was my fault for not having read previous books. However, that quickly passed and I felt myself lost in Gracie and James' bickering and bantering and I wanted to see how things would play out. Gracie is a strong, independent, stubborn woman and James is a good-looking alpha male who likes control. 

Their "relationship" was fun to watch unfold. Both fought it with everything they had but they knew they needed to see what was between them or forget it all together. The sexual tension in this book is off the charts! Whew! When Gracie gives her proposition to James, it frustrated me the way he responded. lol. You could feel her frustration and anger hitting the roof! I don't want to say anything else and give it away, but this book was sweet, sexy, fun, and very enjoyable. I'm looking forward to reading more from this author!










"An author to watch out for." -- RT book Reviews

Some people follow the rules...

A professor of forensic anthropology, James Donovan is the resonable sibling among the passionate, impulsive Donovans.  But there's nothing reasonable about his reaction to baker Gracie Roberts.  She's all wild curls and mouth-watering curves, as deliciously tempting as the sugary treats she's famous for-- and twice as irritating.  But before long, James decides that getting a taste of her is one indulgence he can't pass up...

Some people play to win...

Independent, smart, and sexy, Gracie's year-long dry spell has her itching for a man.  Responsible, health-obsessed James? Not in a million years! She needs a guy who knows how to let loose! But when James sets out to show her just how satisfying a disciplined man can be when pleasure is at stake, she learns just how sweet-- and spicy-- he really is.

Have James and Gracie found the recipe for love?

No comments:

Post a Comment