Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Marina Adair - Need You For Mine

I'm just going to start this post by saying I LOVE MARINA!!  I adore her writing and her characters are so realistic. I want to hurry up and read her books, but at the same time, I don't want them to be over. I just want to wallow in her words.   Marina, if you see this, I FLOVE YOU! haha

So I'm not 100% Harper, but man, it sure felt like Harper and I had a similar story.  My heart went out to her for always being put in the friend zone.  But, life goes on and she tried to be optimistic and put a smile on her face, even when it hurt.  What else can you do!? She's quirky, fun, loving, caring and always made people happy.  No one ever said a bad word about Harper. 

Adam was the local fireman, sex-lebrity in St. Helena.  He's the resident playboy and has never had a serious girlfriend.  He was the one guy Harper never considered to date.  And he totally snuck up on her.  She got to see a side of him others didn't see.  Watching them fall for each other was like this:

I got lost in their story and couldn't wait to see how things would turn out.  Man, Marina writes such a swoon-worthy romance!  I LOVE the fact that the H/h build a relationship and it's not insta-love.  It's realistic and easy to get sucked into their lives.  Adam wants to better his career and not get stuck where he is.  He also wants to help others and make things better for those around him when he can. He's a total dreamboat.  I can see why Harper liked him and their chemistry... WHEW!   It's gettin' hot in herrre.  For realz.  They fit each other and the reader can't help but cheer them on!  

This was another great book from Marina Adair and I HIGHLY suggest it!  



*ARC received from NetGalley for my honest review*








Every red-blooded male in St. Helena wants Harper Owens…as a friend. Despite her efforts at seduction, Harper seems to be destined to end up alone. The only guy with a knack for unleashing her inner vixen is firefighter and resident rule-breaker Adam Baudouin. Agreeing to a faux-mance could help him secure a promotion—and save her family’s lingerie shop, the Boulder Holder. But playing with fire has consequences. Especially when the flame comes courtesy of St. Helena’s own Five-Alarm Casanova…

None of Adam’s quick-and-easy hookups have prepared him for a connection this extraordinary. There’s more to the milk-and-cookies art teacher that he’d love to explore. But first he has to convince her to trust the town’s most notorious playboy. Even tougher—he’ll have to trust himself to be the real-life hero this warm and sexy woman deserves.

No comments:

Post a Comment