Sunday, October 15, 2017

Sloane Howell - Scored review


I really enjoyed this book! It was the follow-up story to Bossed.  I enjoy Sloane's writing style. I think it's cool that a guy can write romance. I didn't think about that fact while reading, but just commenting here that I like it! :) 

Matt is the client of and friend to Ethan.  He was enamored by Kelsey from the beginning but she wants nothing to do with him. Athletes aren't her type.  But Matt is bound and determined to change her mind. The banter between them is fun and oftentimes funny.  Kelsey plays nice because he's friends with her best friend and her fiancee.  But despite outward differences, they actually have a lot in common. I really enjoyed the things he did to make her believe him and to fall for him.  He knew he couldn't lay everything out there for her to see, that he had to be careful around her.  Their story had some unique twists and turns and was one that I couldn't put down!  I definitely recommend this book! While you don't have to read Bossed first, I would recommend it! 

*ARC provided by NetGalley for my honest review*


He’s a player. But she’s about to score.

Opposites really do attract* as a sassy salesgirl turns a pro athlete’s life upside down in this supercharged standalone novel of seduction from the author of Bossed.

Kelsey: My mom would tell you I’m quite the catch, but since my last boyfriend, I haven’t been dating much. Maybe it’s my rocker style or my lack of filter that intimidates the boys. So I’m pleasantly surprised when Matt Stallworth waltzes into the indie record store where I work and gives as good he gets. Turns out Matt is a professional baseball player, which should mean he’s out of my league. But if he wants to hook up with me, he’s going to have to follow my rules.

Matt: After winning my MVP award, I learned that a guy can get used to having beautiful women practically throw themselves at you everywhere you turn. But everything changes the first time I see Kelsey Martin, and something just clicks. She’s hot, snarky, and whip-smart. I’ve got to see her again. Only problem is, she sees right through all my best moves. And I’m going to have to step up my game to convince Kelsey that I’m playing for keeps.

*And sexy times ensue—for mature audiences.

Advance praise for Scored

“Fresh and funny, full of witty banter and off-the-charts chemistry! I laughed out loud reading Scored.”—Delancey Stewart, author of Mr. Big

This standalone novel includes an excerpt from another Loveswept title.

No comments:

Post a Comment