Monday, November 21, 2016

M. O'Keefe - Bad Neighbor review

Molly's books are like crack! They are uniquely hers and I truly have not found another author who writes like she does. I love all her words and I find myself unable to put her books down. And Bad Neighbor was no exception. I was drawn into Charlotte's story and I wanted to know more about what happened with her sister (who has a cool name by the way; Abby!) and what she was running from. She's a unique character and she finds herself awkward around people. She'd rather be by herself or with Abby. And she's happiest when she's working on Izzy, her computer.  Yet, she's drawn to Jesse.

Jesse.  What can I say about him?  He's dark, has his secrets and is broody.  But he's oh-so-sexy.  He's a smidge taller than Charlotte, but he has a big persona.  And big muscles! He wants to be left alone and not bothered by his new neighbor, especially after his brother comes to visit him.  However, he feels the need to be her protector. Lucky for her.  She got past his defenses. 

And I loved how Molly introduces the characters to each other. It's a funny and different way for them to meet. Charlotte is in Jesse's way.  He took care of her problem.  For someone who wants to be left alone, he and Charlotte tend to have a lot of run-ins with each other. And Charlotte wants to get to know Jesse.  Their story is sad, sweet and a whole lot of sexy! They are what each other needed.  Jesse and Charlotte's story has to be told piece by piece and their layers are slowly peeled back.  Molly does a great job of getting the reader entranced by her characters and keeping them wanting more! I loved this story and you need to go one-click it RIGHT NOW! You won't be sorry.




He’s sexy. He’s dangerous. He’s right next door.

I gave up everything to save my sister from a monster, and now I’m lying low in this rundown apartment so I can stay out of danger. Hiding from everyone.

Except for the guy in apartment 1A.

He’s rude. Silent. Muscled, mysterious, and hot as hell. I don’t know if he likes me or hates me, but the more time I spend with him, the less it matters.

I want him.

And for the first time in my life I'm going to go after what I want.


She doesn’t belong in my world.

From the second 1B moves in, I know she’s keeping secrets. She doesn’t belong here, much less with a street fighter like me.

But that doesn’t stop me from craving her. Her softness and sweetness. She’s a drug, and suddenly I’m addicted.

I know someone is going to try and hurt her and I can’t let that happen. But unless I push her away and get her out of my world, that someone could be me…


No comments:

Post a Comment