Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Kim Holden - Gus

Before I talk about this book, I need to discuss the medium in which I read it.  I've had the book on my kindle since release day but haven't been able to get to it yet. One day Kim posted a sample of the audiobook for Gus (on Facebook) and when I heard it, I got goosebumps. I knew immediately I had to have the audiobook. So, I had "Gus" read it to me. His voice was so perfect! I couldn't have asked for a better way to experience this book....

This book picks up where Bright Side ended. If you haven't read Bright Side yet, RUN! GO NOW! Don't miss that book! I don't want to give anything away but THIS book... Dang, Kim Holden, you slay me (in the best possible way). 

Oh Gus. You break my heart. You've had a terrible few months and it's so sad to watch you crumble. I understand why he's depressed but the beginning is a sad story. This book is about Gus' journey. There are highs and lows, but we get all of Gus. 

I love the little things in Gus' life from his sense of humor to the kitten he finds - which he has the best name for a cat! This story is so endearing and one the reader will be able to wallow in. Kim Holden's writing style sucks you in and her characters are realistic. The emotions, the memories, the anger, everything! Gus holds a special place in my heart. 

I was surprised by the things we discovered about Impatient and her story. The car/hotel scene had me furious for her and she was lucky to have someone who cared for her.  She has had a very hard life and doesn't have much in the way of family. I enjoyed her slowly opening up and we saw into who she is and it's heartbreaking.  Gus and Audrey are good for her.

This is such an amazing story.  It made me laugh, cry and it warmed my heart.  Gus and Bright Side are such amazing people and they have so much love to give.  It's inspiring and precious. It's a good reminder for us to be the best we can and to do epic.  Life is too short and we get wrapped up in the whirlwind of our lives and we forget this at times.  There are so many other things I want to say, but I don't want to give anything away.  Just know that I adored Gus and his journey.  

Do yourselves a favor and don't miss this book, but be sure to read Bright Side first! 





The journey that began in top-rated, best-selling Bright Side, continues ... 

This is the story of Gus. 
Losing himself. 
Finding himself. 
And healing along the way. 

“ … but the honest-to-God truth is I don’t even know how to function anymore. Bright Side wasn’t only my best friend; she was like my other half ... the other half of my brain, the other half of my conscience, the other half of my sense of humor, the other half of my creativity, the other half of my heart. How do you go back to doing what you did before, when half of you is gone forever?” 

No comments:

Post a Comment