Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Julie Kriss - Drive Me Wild review and Take Me Now review

I had the opportunity to listen to these audiobooks back-to-back so I'm reviewing them as one post for you! 

I was interested in these Riggs boys. They grew up wild, with little to no supervision and have always been seen as good for nothing, bad boys. I enjoyed how this story starts with what happened in the past. We see where Emily and Luke ended things and how life is for them in the now. Emily finds herself in an unfamiliar position. Her sister needs her and things with her parents aren't the same. The chemistry between Emily and Luke is still there and still going strong. Neither of them have ever forgotten the other and despite time, things still sizzle. I liked how things started back up with them and the deep connection they found. They were truly made for each other and I really enjoyed their story!






A bad boy. A good girl. A second chance that could send them both up in flames.

Emily was a cop's daughter, and I was the boy from the wrong side of the tracks. At eighteen, our affair was wild and completely secret. Until she left town for college and a better life, and I hit the road to nowhere.

Eight years later, we're both back in town. My father is in prison; Emily is selflessly helping her sister. We should be farther apart than we've ever been. But I've never been able to resist temptation, especially when that temptation is Emily.

I shouldn't go near her. But I do.

She shouldn't say yes. But she does.

Our chemistry is hotter than ever, but she's hiding something from me. Just like I'm hiding something from her. It's hard to tell whose secrets are more dangerous, until it all goes to hell.

I can save her - and she can save me. But we'll have to break the rules.

We're from different worlds. We don't belong together.

But in the end, Emily and I are going to have to get dirty.

The Riggs Brothers Series:
Drive Me Wild (Book 1)
Take Me Down (Book 2)
Work Me Up (Book 3)

Make Me Beg (Book 4)
***

Ok, so I was invested in these Riggs brothers and I was excited to dive into Jace's story. Jace and Tara had different backgrounds. However, they understood loneliness and having odds stacked against them. Tara didn't have a great relationship with her parents but they were still her mom and dad. Jace hadn't had a parent that loved him and looked out for him. He did things he had to in order to survive. Jace and Tara had an unconventional meeting and he was someone she couldn't get out of her head. While it wasn't exactly instalove, it was pretty instant, but they had a chance to see what was between them and see it grow. I enjoyed their relationship and the way they supported each other. Jace makes for a great book boyfriend and I think you should meet these Riggs brothers today! 





A buttoned-up counsellor. A hot ex-con with secrets. One session that changes everything.

It was supposed to be simple: Let Jace Riggs walk into my counseling office, tell me how he’s adjusting to post-prison life, and let him walk out again. But the first thing I've learned is that nothing is simple with Jace.

He’s tall, muscled, bearded and tatted. He’s smarter than anyone else in the room and ten times more guarded. He’s hiding things that would break any other man to pieces. He’s a loner, a bad boy, and an infamous Riggs brother from the wrong side of the tracks.

He’s a hundred kinds of wrong for me. And even when I’m not his counsellor anymore, I still want to break down his defenses.

Jace has never trusted anyone - until me. He says I’m the only woman he wants close to him. The only woman he’s wanted in his bed - ever. And when he looks at me with that look of white-hot fire, I believe everything he says.

My own secrets could get Jace sent back to prison - or get him killed. And he doesn’t care.

We had so little time. We might not have until morning. But with the fire ignited between Jace and me, forever wouldn’t be long enough…

No comments:

Post a Comment