Tuesday, February 20, 2018

John Marrs - The One review

Ok, first note to reader: beware, once you start this book, you WON'T be able to put it down.  I tried putting this gem down to go to sleep, but I lost the fight. I wasn't able to set it down until it was done. The writing style flowed and held me captive. I enjoyed the way it was written. The reader is given a snippet into the different lives and they flip back and forth between them, so not one story is revealed in full at once.  The way this story played out, reminded me of the movie Love Actually.  But this story was so DIFFERENT and intriguing.  As each layer was revealed, I was more and more drawn in.  I wanted to know, WHAT'S NEXT?! I felt like I was on the edge of my seat because I wanted more. As each new thing was revealed, I wanted to know how and if their lives would intersect.  It's a wide variety of characters, and they don't have that much in common but I wanted to piece it together. I thought John did a great job to keep me guessing.  I wasn't prepared for the way things turned out and I was gasping out loud. Probably good that I wasn't somewhere public while I read this! This book held my attention and didn't let go until the last page. If you like a good thriller, then grab this book today! 


**ARC provided by NetGalley for my honest review**



How far would you go to find The One?

A simple DNA test is all it takes. Just a quick mouth swab and soon you’ll be matched with your perfect partner—the one you’re genetically made for.

That’s the promise made by Match Your DNA. A decade ago, the company announced that they had found the gene that pairs each of us with our soul mate. Since then, millions of people around the world have been matched. But the discovery has its downsides: test results have led to the breakup of countless relationships and upended the traditional ideas of dating, romance and love.

Now five very different people have received the notification that they’ve been “Matched.” They’re each about to meet their one true love. But “happily ever after” isn’t guaranteed for everyone. Because even soul mates have secrets. And some are more shocking than others…


A word-of-mouth hit in the United Kingdom, The One is a fascinating novel that shows how even the simplest discoveries can have complicated consequences.

No comments:

Post a Comment