Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Nicole Edwards - Bad Reputation review

I love finding new-to-me authors! And I LOOOOOVED this book!  This book seriously packed a punch and held me completely captivated.  As in, I didn't want to do anything else except devour this book!  I love a good friends to lovers book and this one was exceptional! I enjoyed how Nicole brought the reader in on Chase and Cassie's friendship and expounded on it so that we had a good sense of their relationship, before things got H-O-T-T, hot!  
I enjoyed the ease Chase and Cassie had with one another, but a friendship after so many years would do that for them.  They know the good and bad things about each other, but yet they were still a part of each other's lives.  I liked watching how things started to shift for them. And that pivotal moment that changes everything was quite amusing. I could picture it perfectly and found myself laughing out loud at what was happening. 
I thoroughly enjoyed watching Chase and Cassie totally lie to themselves and each other. Neither wanted to hurt the other one, but we saw the internal struggle they were having. They didn't want to ruin their great friendship, therefore they were at a standstill. But their love and compassion for one another only grew stronger.  GAH! The FEELS in this book were real, ya'll!  I loved how they bickered with one another or gave each other grief, but they were their biggest supporters of each other and were there when the time warranted it. I wanted to wrap myself in Nicole's words and now I have to deal with this book hangover ... I don't want to read anything else, I'm still dealing with living in Chase and Cassie's world and I don't want it to be over!  Looking forward to more in this series.  I can't recommend this book enough! Be sure to grab your copy on Oct. 3 or just go ahead and preorder now!

**ARC provided by NetGalley for my honest review**



Meet the most wanted players in sports . . . one ridiculously hot alpha male at a time.

Chase: With a nickname like “Sin,” it’s no wonder they call me the bad boy of hockey. Opponents curse me. Fans scream my name—in the arena and in other, much more private places. Penalties or not, I’m not afraid to dish out a little pain. But pleasure? That’s my weakness. And no one knows it better than my best friend, Cassie Desrosiers. I’d have to be blind not to notice her rocking body and teasing grin. So when she invites me along on a trip to Vegas, my curiosity isn’t the only thing that’s aroused.

Cassie: Chase Barrett is a world-class A-hole. As his best friend, I’m allowed to call him on his BS. Who else is going to do it? Certainly not the puck bunnies swooning at every flex of his biceps. Everyone knows that Chase is the love-’em-and-leave-’em type. There’s no such thing as commitment for the king of casual hookups. So why should I care? Maybe because all work and no play makes me a sexually frustrated girl. It’s time to put the hockey stud at my beck and call to good use . . . but after a week in Vegas with Chase, I might never want to go back to the real world.

This sexy standalone novel includes an excerpt from another Loveswept title.

No comments:

Post a Comment