Thursday, March 2, 2023

Stoni Alexander - Wrecked review

I was excited to get Hawk's story! He has seemed like such a chill guy, but there is definitely more to him. Sure, he's cool about things, but life hasn't been easy for him. And I enjoyed the fact that the reader knows there is something there, but we don't get that story right away either. Hawk and Addison have worked together and make a great team. But things shift between these friends and things soon heat up between them! This book was extra spicy, but I love a good friends to lovers story. The passion feels believable and palpable through the pages! There is danger lurking around them so it's not all sunshine and rainbows. I figured out some things going on in this book, but some took me by surprise. I was completely lost in Addison and Hawk's world and I didn't want to leave! Highly recommend this book!



SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES

I’m a wrecked man with a tortured soul.

I hide my pain and anger behind an easygoing smile and my willingness to do whatever close friends and family need. Day or night, I’m their go-to guy.

But hey, baby, I’m no bleeding heart. I’m an assassin, first and foremost. I locate, isolate, and annihilate. It’s not personal, it’s my job. And I do it damn well.

Speaking of doing it well… the ladies love me. And I let ‘em, every chance I get. They come and they go, but there’s one woman who’s been a constant for a long time. She’s cool under fire, a total badass, and someone I trust with my life. Sure, she’s strikingly beautiful and super smart, but we’re just friends, babe.

Just. Friends.

When someone close to me confides he’s got a past with her, I go a little crazy. To prove a point, she crosses a line. Now, I got a whole different set of problems.

Then, her life goes sideways and she’s assigned a protector.

Me.

We’re together all the damn time, and she’s got a wild streak that just won’t quit.

Lucky me.

Until our luck runs out and we come face-to-face with the grim reaper. A long time ago, we made a pact to face death together. Either we come out of this alive or we die in an effin’ blaze of glory.

Turns out, she’s my destiny.

She’s also my salvation.

______________

WRECKED can be read as a standalone, but Stoni recommends reading DAMAGED, VENGEANCE, and SAVAGE first since characters repeat across stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment