Thursday, July 11, 2019

S. Doyle - Mostly My Boss/Mostly My Girlfriend reviews

Today we have 2 books coming atcha from S. Doyle!  First up, Mostly My Boss ...

Whew! Holy sexual tension, Batman! I really enjoyed this very unique read. I wasn’t sure what to expect but I was pleasantly surprised by the depth of this book. This wasn’t a lighthearted read. Not saying it’s hard to read either, but there was so much more to it than just what’s on the surface. I liked how the reader starts things in present time but then the narrative takes us back in time to how Ethan and Julia’s relationship began. I liked the back and forth and how strong these characters’ emotions were. I was completely captivated and didn’t want to put this book down! I enjoyed the way these two clicked and seemed to quickly be there for each other and even though the chemistry between them was strong, they held strong. (Or did they?!) Neither Ethan or Julia had an easy upbringing and they struggled with their families for completely different reasons. But the always had each other. I’m definitely looking forward to Mostly My Girlfriend to find out where they go from here... I highly recommend this book!  


Mostly My Boss by [Doyle, S.]



A friends to lover, boss/secretary story...from the author of The Bride

Ethan

I did it. I broke us. That night…changed our relationship. I wasn’t her friend anymore. I wasn’t her boss anymore. I didn’t know what we were to each other. 
Twelve years ago, I met Julia at Harvard. I was a cocky genius. A visionary, with plans to change the world. 
And she believed me. Believed in me. I wouldn’t have survived that first year without her. 
Now everyone calls me the boss. Except Jules. She calls me… mostly her boss. 
I thought we had it all together. But I screwed up and now she thinks she can quit. 
The job. Me. 
I can’t let that happen. So I got her to promise me one hour.


Author Note: This is Book 1 in a 2 book series


Next up, Mostly My Girlfriend ... 

Thankfully I was able to read this one pretty quickly after reading book 1. I was excited to get back to Ethan and Julia's relationship. I liked the ease they had with each other (as much as they would allow themselves) and even though they had never dated, I liked Ethan's protectiveness/jealousy over Julia. However, they never admitted feelings to each other. I enjoyed how these two dove in even further thanks to therapy and it helped the reader understand them better. Even though it hurt, these two worked through that pain and fought for the other. The FEELS were deep and well worth the struggle they went through. I enjoyed the angst, the passion, and the emotions this book brought forth. It was quite the journey for the HEA. And I don't want to give anything away which is why I'm so vague here. But we really dive in deeper in this book. It was made to hurt and to cherish. Be ready to be consumed by this duo! Grab your copy today! 



Mostly My Girlfriend (Mostly My Boss Book 2) by [Doyle, S.]

A friends to lover boss/secretary story

Julia
He’s not my boss anymore but nothing has changed. After one hour of therapy we’re more broken than when we started. I kept a secret from him. A big one. 
Twelve years of lies and half-truths, of telling each other only what we think and never what we feel. 
I love him, but I don’t know if can do this anymore. 
Because he treats me as if I’m mostly his girlfriend.
And I want the real thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment