Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Caterina Passarelli - Encounters in Disguise review



Dating in this decade is not for the faint of heart.
   
 From going on a date with a guy secretly lusting after my best friend to one where I nearly died in Central Park ... I've been there, done that.
And I'm over it!
Trying to shift my focus to my career as a high school psychologist proves difficult when I come head-to-head with a student’s rude uncle.
He has an old money arrogance, refuses to back down, and, the worst part, he’s handsome and chasing after my attention. But dating him is strictly prohibited at Riverside Academy.
In an effort to find some hope between love and losing my career, I agree to meet my coworker’s mysterious aunt for relationship guidance.
And that’s how I end up asking a higher power for a sign: bees. Will those bees bring sweetness or sting harder than I ever imagined?

***Encounters In Disguise is book 2 in The Signs Series - a series of interconnected standalones. You can start from Eve’s journey or read Juliette’s in book 1, Fortunate Encounters.
PS: no bees were harmed in the making of this novel! When you start to see them everywhere, the author is not to be blamed. ;)

Amazon US: amzn.to/2GM6sWS

Encounters In Disguise is $2.99 or free in Kindle Unlimited

MY REVIEW

I thought this was such a cute read! I was lost in James and Eve's lives. Eve is more quiet and reserved than some of her other friends and she's content. But friends want to set her up. However, she finds herself at Juliette's Aunt Edie's house. She's not exactly sure how Aunt Edie is supposed to help, but she's a trip! I found myself laughing out loud. And Eve isn't supposed to get involved with relatives of her students. But James keeps pushing his way into her life. While it wasn't all good, I wanted them to date! I liked their chemistry and enjoyed their interactions. I liked their journey and the way they complemented each other. This was a very enjoyable book and I highly recommend it! And while you don't need to read Fortunate Encounters first, I do recommend it!

TEASER
Aunt Edie goes over to a desk and pulls out a velvet pouch. She walks back to the coffee table in front of me and dumps the contents of the bag onto the table—crystals.
“The best thing we can do is ask the Universe,” Aunt Edie says, taking a seat in a chair opposite me on the other side of the table.
“What will that do?”
I’m a total beginner at all of this. And by “this” I mean asking for help in general, not just with “the universe” or whatever she’s talking about.
“Sometimes letting a little divine inspiration into your life can help you make clearer decisions on your path.”


The first novel (Fortunate Encounters) is on sale for 99 cents through May 7! ​


AUTHOR’S BIO
Former TV News Producer turned Romance author, Caterina Passarelli has always had a love for words. From real-life Detroit crime to fictional love stories around the globe, she hopes to take her readers on a fast-paced adventure.
Caterina is the author of six titles in multiple genres: Romantic Comedy, Contemporary Romance and Romantic Suspense.
When she’s not writing about alpha males and strong, sarcastic women, she is the CEO of an online wellness coaching company.
Caterina is the fur mom to her three-year-old rescue dog, Piper, who she spoils uncontrollably. And she’s obsessed with her cutie pie nephew, Max!
She loves hearing from her readers on her social media pages, feel free to find her! She also has a private Facebook group for her readers, “Cat’s Crew.”


AUTHOR’S SOCIAL MEDIA
Website / Newsletter → www.caterinapassarellibooks.com
Amazon Author Central → ​www.​amazon.com/author/caterinapassarelli

     

No comments:

Post a Comment